Hey Y'all...I'm not sure anyone will be reading these blogs (at least at first!)! However, I love to share what's on my mind and most of the time it has to do with food! You see, I think we show love by cooking and preparing wonderful foods for others. It doesn't matter if it's just regular good ole boy fare or chi chi what the heck is that on my plate foods, what matters is that it is prepared with love. This being said, I'd like to encourage all of you out there who can at least boil water to remember your friends with food when someone in their family dies. The last thing a family should have to think about during the first days of a loss, is what are we going to do for supper or dinner. I know, I know...you work and it's hard to cook for your own households let alone cook for someone else but gee people, it's needed and soooo appreciated by those on the receiving end. Back in the day (and I'm old enough to remember this), when someone died there would be so much food brought in to the grieving family, the family would have a hard time knowing what to do with it. Not so anymore and I think it's just a shame! So, if you know of a grieving family, take them a dish or two even if you have to buy it. It will be appreciated more than you know but...someday you'll know because we all experience loss in our families.
Come on...show some love...feed a family that's grieving. Their bellies will be full but your heart will be even more full!
Love and cooking!
Jane
Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, love!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I shoulda known you'd fine me first! Love ya GURL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know many people here in Colorado but I do thank people who do a kindness to my hubby and I with food. Same concept. I put your blog in my favorites.
ReplyDelete